TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE
While poor physical health can be understood and effectively managed, poor mental health is a more challenging conversation and warrants specific training to ensure colleagues receive effective and compassionate support when it is required
CARE provides mental health training sessions to incorporate an overview of mental health conditions and common issues and how to enable managers to have a potentially emotive or difficult conversation with their employees and provide suitable support.
This high impact training course delivers the foundation of the CARE principles training managers to better equip them with the knowledge and skills to recognise mental health distress and have the confidence to support/signpost those affected by it.
The objectives are to:
- Increase knowledge, skills, and confidence around the subject of mental health
- Provide information and guidance to managers to support colleagues who may be experiencing mental health issues.
The training content will include:
- Defining mental health and the issues related to it
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Developing a culture in which mental health can flourish
- Recognising distress and how to respond
- Appropriate language and how to start a conversation
- Relate to people's experiences and support people in distress (including signposting to relevant services)
- Strategies and tools for managing mental health in the workplace (1-2-1s, team meeting, etc)
- Looking after your own mental health
Take CARE of Everyone can be delivered here at Southampton Airport or at your own workplace. Each session requires a minimum of 8 people to attend with a maximum of 16.
CARE for Everyone is delivered by Lee Loveless of Supporting Minds Consultancy.
For a quote please email email@example.com or call Peter Hart on 02380627205