QA Level 2 Award in CitizenAID (RQF)
CitizenAID's aim is to empower the public to take immediate action and save lives when there are multiple casualties.
Whenever there is a shooting, stabbing or bomb explosion, the initial priority is understandably to ensure public safety, which can unfortunately cause delays to the emergency services being able to reach the injured.
The QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF) has been specifically developed to help members of the public learn life-saving skills for use in these extreme situations. Based on the citizenAID phone App and pocket guide, this regulated qualification is designed to teach people how to react safely, prioritise the injured and give first aid to victims in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident.
During this 3 hour course, candidates will have the opportunity to practise techniques for dealing with catastrophic bleeding and will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to save lives in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
EchoFour Training Centre is based at Southampton Airport in Hampshire and the course is accredited by City & Guilds. EchoFour is an accredited centre for delivery of City & Guilds and Qualsafe courses.
- Determining the appropriate actions to take in the following events, using the citizenAID App or pocket guide:
- Knife attacker or active shooter
- Suspected bomb
- Exploded bomb
- Reporting the incident to the emergency services
- Prioritising multiple casualties
- Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing:
- Opening the airways
- Checking breathing
- Recovery position
- Controlling severe external bleeding:
- Applying manufactured and improvised tourniquets
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds
Please call or email with your requirements 02380 627205 or email@example.com.
Time to be arranged.
From £45 per person.
Group Booking Discounts:
12 Places £45 per person
8 – 11 Places £50 per person
5 – 7 Places £55 per person
1 – 4 Places £59 per person
Prices are on a per person basis and do not include VAT. For group booking discounts, please call 02380 627205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements for a bespoke quotation.